Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Coming soon...

Now that the summer is upon us here on good ol'MV I am forced to park a 10-15 minute walk from my car.  Not so fun with all the late spring rain but good for the legs and a good time to listen to my ipod to prep for and decompress from work.  I was skimming through songs yesterday morning and came across one that I don't really love musically but the lyrics really speak to me.  It's Jewel's "Stronger Woman."  Here it is:


"I guess you could say I'm one of those girls 

That's always been with one of those guys 

You know the type 

Like right now, he sleeps while I write 

But it's better than crying 

I'm worn out from trying 

From loving a man who always makes it clear 

I'm not welcome here 

Just till he's horny and hungry 

or needs something cleaned 

And you know what I mean 


But not tonight 

'Cause come the morning light, oh 

I'm gonna love myself more than anyone else 

Believe in me, even if someone can't see 

The stronger woman in me 

I'm going to be my own best friend 

Stick with me till the end 

Won't lose myself again, never, no, 

'Cause there's a stronger woman, 

A stronger woman in me 


Light bulbs buzz, 

I get up 

And head to my drawer 

I wish there was more 

I could say 

Another fairytale fades to gray 

I've lived on hope 

Just like a child 

Walking that mile 

Faking that smile 

All the while 

Wishing my heart had wings 


Well tonight, I'm going to be 

The kind of woman I'd want my daughter to be, oh 


This is me, packing up my bags 

And this is me, headed for the door 

And this is me, the best you ever had 

I'm going to love myself 

More than anyone else 

Believe in me even if someone cannot see 

There's a stronger woman in me 

I'm going to be my own best friend 

Stay with me till the end 

Won't lose myself again, never, no 

'Cause there's a stronger woman 

A stronger woman 

There's a stronger woman, 

A stronger woman in me."


Kinda speaks for itself, but I'm going to talk about it a bit anyway.  I have been there (the beginning part).  I am there (the realization part).  I hope to keep the motivation to stay there (the moving on part).


I was in a relationship that I gave everything to but never got the same commitment and respect back.  Did get myself a big chunk of heartbreak, but also learned a lot about myself and what I want out of life too.  I try my best to live without regret but to find the best I can out of the worst situations.  When things were good they were incredible I had a glimpse of the life I always wanted, but I also let slide some things that are important to me.  I won't give up on myself or my needs ever again.


There is more to say about me and the song, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say it all yet in this forum.  So this blog entry might be a "to be continued."  For all of you women (and men too) out there focus on being the strongest person you can be and do it for you not for anyone else.  Stay true to what makes you you and what you need out of life.


Hope this wasn't a combo of being too deep but yet not quite deep enough I'm still new to this whole blogging thing.  So there you have it....to be continued...

1 comment:

  1. 1) your blog is looking GREAT!

    2) i liked your post. i don't think i've ever read/heard that song before.

    3) Definitely agree with not doing anything for anyone else (people-wise) but doing it all for GOD (like Galatians 1:10)

    ReplyDelete